List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:zzapper Date:September 3 2004 10:38am
Subject:Is it possible to have Undeletable Records?
View as plain text
Hi Y'All

Is it possible to have undeletable/unmodifiable  records in a table of otherwise
modifiable &
deleteable & createable records?

At present I do it at the Update/Delete level where I have clauses which prevent certain
records
being changed. I suppose I could also have an extra boolean field "Record Read only", but
is there
anyway to specify at the data level?

zzapper (vim, cygwin, wiki & zsh)
--

vim -c ":%s%s*%CyrnfrTfcbafbeROenzSZbbyranne%|:%s)[R-T]) )Ig|:norm G1VGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305  Best of Vim Tips

Thread
Is it possible to have Undeletable Records?zzapper3 Sep
  • Re: Is it possible to have Undeletable Records?Wesley Furgiuele4 Sep
    • Re: Is it possible to have Undeletable Records?Michael Ayers5 Sep
  • Re: Is it possible to have Undeletable Records?Egor Egorov6 Sep