List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 12 1999 7:31pm
Subject:MySQL documentation
View as plain text
I hesitate to raise this question while we're in the throes of a discussion
about how awful the MySQL documentation is :-) but I will ask anyway:

I'm in negotiations with a publisher about writing a MySQL book, and we're
at the stage of reviewing the design specs and table of contents.  The
editor's suggested that we have some other people who know something about
MySQL have a look at it and make critical comment.

If you'd be willing to read this material, please let me know (offlist
please; write to paul@stripped).  What I'm looking for are people
with technical competence with MySQL who are willing to take a hard
look and to return comments about what you like or don't like
(particularly the latter; favorable comments are generally not that
helpful).  I'm not seeking people who are just curious, or who'd like
to read but not send back any comments.

If you think you might be interested in being a manuscript reviewer
later on, please let me know that, too.

Thanks!

(This book is not the O'Reilly book "MySQL & mSQL," by the way; that should
be out in mid-summer.)

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
MySQL documentationPaul DuBois12 Apr