List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:August 30 2004 8:15pm
Subject:Re: Shared column name
View as plain text
Hi,
> I know what the deal is supposed to be but can't seem
> to fix it.
> Two tables, VendorID exists in both tables (neither
> are primary keys)
>
> I'm getting a "VendorID in where clause is ambiguous"
> Sometimes it actually processes the SQL weird.
> I think this is because same column name in both
> tables, yet I have other same name in tables with no
> effect.  I tried alias on VendorJobs.VendorId AS Ven ,
> etc but it spit it back at me in the where clause with
> an unknown.
>
> Here is the SQL:
>
> SELECT
>   `VendorJobs`.`JobID`,
>   `VendorJobs`.`Contact`,

--8<-- snip

> (`VendorJobs`.`TravelReq` =
> `staTravelReq`.`TravelReqID`),
>   `VendorSignUp`
> WHERE
   (vendorjobs.`VendorID` = 13)

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
Shared column nameStuart Felenstein30 Aug
  • Re: Shared column nameMartijn Tonies30 Aug
  • Re: Shared column nameMark C. Stafford30 Aug
  • Re: Shared column nameSGreen30 Aug
    • Re: Shared column nameStuart Felenstein30 Aug