List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stuart Felenstein Date:August 30 2004 8:09pm
Subject:Shared column name
View as plain text
Hi,

I know what the deal is supposed to be but can't seem
to fix it.
Two tables, VendorID exists in both tables (neither
are primary keys)

I'm getting a "VendorID in where clause is ambiguous"
Sometimes it actually processes the SQL weird.
I think this is because same column name in both
tables, yet I have other same name in tables with no
effect.  I tried alias on VendorJobs.VendorId AS Ven ,
etc but it spit it back at me in the where clause with
an unknown.

Here is the SQL:

SELECT
  `VendorJobs`.`JobID`,
  `VendorJobs`.`Contact`,
  `VendorJobs`.`Conmail`,
  `StaIndTypes`.`CareerCategories`,
  `StaUSCities`.`City`,
  `USStates`.`States`,
  `VendorJobs`.`AreaCode`,
  `VendorJobs`.`PayRate1`,
  `VendorJobs`.`PayRate2`,
  `staTravelReq`.`TravelReq`,
  `VendorJobs`.`VendorID`
FROM
  `VendorJobs`
  INNER JOIN `StaIndTypes` ON (`VendorJobs`.`Industry`
= `StaIndTypes`.`CareerIDs`)
  INNER JOIN `StaUSCities` ON
(`VendorJobs`.`LocationState` =
`StaUSCities`.`CityID`)
  INNER JOIN `USStates` ON (`StaUSCities`.`StateID` =
`USStates`.`StateID`)
  INNER JOIN `staTravelReq` ON
(`VendorJobs`.`TravelReq` =
`staTravelReq`.`TravelReqID`),
  `VendorSignUp`
WHERE
  (`VendorID` = 13)

Thread
Shared column nameStuart Felenstein30 Aug
  • Re: Shared column nameMartijn Tonies30 Aug
  • Re: Shared column nameMark C. Stafford30 Aug
  • Re: Shared column nameSGreen30 Aug
    • Re: Shared column nameStuart Felenstein30 Aug