List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SGreen Date:August 25 2004 4:10pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Secure Connection(e.g. SSL) Question
View as plain text
Something else I have done in the past was to use Cygwin to create an SSH
session with the remote computer and use the remote computer's MySQL

If you are used to working in a "Terminal Server" session (I think they
now call it "Remote Desktop Connectivity") it will feel very familiar.  I
also fiddled around with Cygwin long enough and hard enough (translate: I
spent lots of time reading groups and docs and experimenting) to enable me
to create local X windows so that I could run a full GUI shell (GNOME or
KDE, I can't remember) remotely. Please don't ask me how I got it all set
up as I only did it once and it was a long while ago. I know it's possible
because I did it and it worked well for my situation.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine