List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SGreen Date:August 25 2004 4:10pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Secure Connection(e.g. SSL) Question
View as plain text
Something else I have done in the past was to use Cygwin to create an SSH
session with the remote computer and use the remote computer's MySQL
client/tools.

If you are used to working in a "Terminal Server" session (I think they
now call it "Remote Desktop Connectivity") it will feel very familiar.  I
also fiddled around with Cygwin long enough and hard enough (translate: I
spent lots of time reading groups and docs and experimenting) to enable me
to create local X windows so that I could run a full GUI shell (GNOME or
KDE, I can't remember) remotely. Please don't ask me how I got it all set
up as I only did it once and it was a long while ago. I know it's possible
because I did it and it worked well for my situation.

FWIW,
Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine