List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:August 24 2004 4:42pm
Subject:Re: Debating over table types
View as plain text

> I know the major differences between Innodb and MyIsam.
> -table locking versus row locks
> -foreign key support
>
> I know there are more but those are the ones that stick out in mind.

Well, how about "transaction support"?

> I think Innodb requires a bit more storage space but I could be wrong.
> In some cases foreign key support would be a nice thing.  So my questions
are:
> What is the ultimate criteria for choosing Innodb.  And, if I just want it
because I like to have the luxary of foreign key / cascading etc, is that
reason enough to use them.

Foreign keys "luxury"? Well, if this aint a read-only database,
I wouldn't call that a luxury, but rather a requirement.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
Debating over table typesStuart Felenstein24 Aug
  • Re: Debating over table typesJoe Audette24 Aug
    • Re: Debating over table typesStuart Felenstein24 Aug
      • Re: Debating over table typesDan Nelson24 Aug
  • Re: Debating over table typesMartijn Tonies24 Aug