List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stuart Felenstein Date:August 24 2004 4:14pm
Subject:Debating over table types
View as plain text
I know the major differences between Innodb and MyIsam.
-table locking versus row locks
-foreign key support

I know there are more but those are the ones that stick out in mind.
I think Innodb requires a bit more storage space but I could be wrong.
In some cases foreign key support would be a nice thing.  So my questions are:
What is the ultimate criteria for choosing Innodb.  And, if I just want it because I like
to have the luxary of foreign key / cascading etc, is that reason enough to use them.

Stuart

Thread
Debating over table typesStuart Felenstein24 Aug
  • Re: Debating over table typesJoe Audette24 Aug
    • Re: Debating over table typesStuart Felenstein24 Aug
      • Re: Debating over table typesDan Nelson24 Aug
  • Re: Debating over table typesMartijn Tonies24 Aug