List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karl Pielorz Date:August 23 2004 12:34pm
Subject:Re: How to get the last record from the slected record set
View as plain text

--On 22 August 2004 20:31 +0800 Manisha Sathe <manisha@stripped>
wrote:

> I am having more than 10 records in a table. I want to select only first
> top 10 records (depending on one field score) and then want to select
> 10th position record.
>
> select * from table1 order by score desc LIMIT 10
>
> This will give me 10 records but then how to get the last record ?

order by score asc limit 1

[i.e. turn it around and pick the 1st (which will be the last because it's
ordered the other way)]

:-)

-Kp
Thread
How to get the last record from the slected record setManisha Sathe23 Aug
  • Re: How to get the last record from the slected record setKarl Pielorz23 Aug
  • Re: How to get the last record from the slected record setMartijn Tonies23 Aug
  • Re: How to get the last record from the slected record setManisha Sathe23 Aug
    • Re: How to get the last record from the slected record setRoger Baklund23 Aug
    • Re: How to get the last record from the slected record setKarl Pielorz23 Aug
  • Re: How to get the last record from the slected record setManisha Sathe23 Aug
    • RE: How to get the last record from the slected record setKerry Frater23 Aug
  • Re: How to get the last record from the slected record setgerald_clark23 Aug
  • Re: How to get the last record from the slected record set - ThanksManisha Sathe23 Aug