List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Lindberg Date:April 12 1999 5:18pm
Subject:ADMIN: ezmlm warning
View as plain text
Hi,

ezmlm, the mailing list manager used to run this list, keeps track of
bounced messages. If any messages to you bounced, you'll get a
"warning" message 11 days after the first bounce. It tells you which
messages you missed and how to get them. You will NOT be removed from
the list [addresses are removed only if the warning bounces, and 11
days after that a probe message bounces).

Perfectly normal subscribers may get such a "warning" message, since a
few messages bounced about 10 days ago when there were a lot of
problems with the ethernet card on the mailing list server [now fixed].
In other cases, the bounce is caused by your own mail host. The cause
for a bounce is apparent from the warning message which includes the
first bounce.

Please E-mail me directly [and not the list] with any questions about
this so we can keep the non-MySQL noise to a minimum. thanks!

-Sincerely, Fred

ADMIN: ezmlm warningFred Lindberg12 Apr