List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eve Atley Date:August 17 2004 5:22pm
Subject:Assistance with SQL syntax: pulling duplicates back
View as plain text
I think this is an easy question...I've set up a SQL statement like so:

SELECT resume.Section_Value, candidate.Location FROM resume, candidate WHERE
resume.Section_ID = '1' AND MATCH (resume.Section_Value) AGAINST ('html')
AND candidate.Location LIKE '%CA%' OR 'California'

------------------
And where 'html' should come up in 1 entry, I get duplicates when printing
out the field to the screen:

------------------
html unix network php Over 10 years of HTML experience. 2 years networking
administration.

html unix network php Over 10 years of HTML experience. 2 years networking
administration.

------------------

I can't decide if this is my code, or the SQL syntax. Would it be possible,
based on this statement, to have pulled back duplicates from the same
record?

- Eve

Thread
GUI for MySQLKirti S. Bajwa12 Aug
  • AW: GUI for MySQLFreddie Sorensen12 Aug
  • Re: GUI for MySQLKaram Chand13 Aug
  • Re: GUI for MySQLMartijn Tonies13 Aug
    • Full text for keyword(s) search?Eve Atley17 Aug
RE: GUI for MySQLGuillermo Chinchilla Zúñiga12 Aug
RE: Full text for keyword(s) search?Victor Pendleton17 Aug
  • Assistance with SQL syntax: pulling duplicates backEve Atley17 Aug
    • Re: Assistance with SQL syntax: pulling duplicates backMichael Stassen17 Aug
      • Re: Assistance with SQL syntax: pulling duplicates backMichael Stassen17 Aug
    • Re: Assistance with SQL syntax: pulling duplicates backSGreen17 Aug
RE: Assistance with SQL syntax: pulling duplicates backVictor Pendleton17 Aug
Re: Assistance with SQL syntax: pulling duplicates backMichael Stassen17 Aug