List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:V. M. Brasseur Date:August 17 2004 3:55pm
Subject:Re: Multiple MySQL Versions on Same Linux Box
View as plain text
You'll probably want to have a look at section 5.10 in the manual:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Multiple_servers.html

Also, the mysqld_multi documentation may come in handy:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/mysqld_multi.html

Cheers,

--V

Lou Olsten wrote:
> We have successfully (and easily) installed multiple versions of MySQL on
> Windows and are now trying to do the same on Linux.
>
> We have a Fedora machine successfully running 4.1, but we want to add 5.0 to
> it as well.  We installed 4.1 with RPM, so it put a bunch of MySQL files all
> over the place.
>
> I've downloaded the 5.0 tar and unpacked it into its own directory, then ran
> the install_db script.  It ran OK, but no data files were created in the
> mysql or test directories; they're both empty.
>
> Does this sound right?  Is there a step-by-step guide to installing multiple
> versions on the same box?  I've been through the docs and while they address
> management of multiple, and a vague instruction on installing, it doesn't
> appear to be that detailed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lou

Thread
SHOW foreign keysMichael Seele17 Aug
  • Re: SHOW foreign keysMartijn Tonies17 Aug
    • Re: SHOW foreign keysMichael Seele17 Aug
  • Re: SHOW foreign keysMartijn Tonies17 Aug
  • Multiple MySQL Versions on Same Linux BoxLou Olsten17 Aug
    • Re: Multiple MySQL Versions on Same Linux BoxV. M. Brasseur17 Aug