List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lou Olsten Date:August 17 2004 3:51pm
Subject:Multiple MySQL Versions on Same Linux Box
View as plain text
We have successfully (and easily) installed multiple versions of MySQL on
Windows and are now trying to do the same on Linux.

We have a Fedora machine successfully running 4.1, but we want to add 5.0 to
it as well.  We installed 4.1 with RPM, so it put a bunch of MySQL files all
over the place.

I've downloaded the 5.0 tar and unpacked it into its own directory, then ran
the install_db script.  It ran OK, but no data files were created in the
mysql or test directories; they're both empty.

Does this sound right?  Is there a step-by-step guide to installing multiple
versions on the same box?  I've been through the docs and while they address
management of multiple, and a vague instruction on installing, it doesn't
appear to be that detailed.

Thanks,

Lou

Thread
SHOW foreign keysMichael Seele17 Aug
  • Re: SHOW foreign keysMartijn Tonies17 Aug
    • Re: SHOW foreign keysMichael Seele17 Aug
  • Re: SHOW foreign keysMartijn Tonies17 Aug
  • Multiple MySQL Versions on Same Linux BoxLou Olsten17 Aug
    • Re: Multiple MySQL Versions on Same Linux BoxV. M. Brasseur17 Aug