List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Stassen Date:August 17 2004 3:40pm
Subject:Re: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0
View as plain text
Martijn Tonies wrote:
> Re: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0With "application code", I meant
> that you:
>
> - have to change your queries so that they include the full VIEW sql,
>   because MySQL doesn't have an alternative
> - have to recreate your stored procedures in application code and do you
>   work at the client or a middle tier

MySQL 5 has stored procedures.  Of course, it's still alpha.

> - have to recreate all your triggers in application code to do additional
>    work instead of the triggers on the database
> - have to bring your checks into the application (but they won't be safe
>   anyway, 'cause MySQL Classic doesn't have transactions)

Well, if you need transactions, then why not use MySQL 4 Standard (or Pro)
which does support InnoDB tables and transactions?

> With regards,
>
> Martijn Tonies

Michael

Thread
Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0lakshmi.narasimharao17 Aug
  • Re: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0Martijn Tonies17 Aug
RE: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0lakshmi.narasimharao17 Aug
  • Re: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0Martijn Tonies17 Aug
Re: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0Martijn Tonies17 Aug
  • Re: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0Michael Stassen17 Aug
Re: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0Martijn Tonies17 Aug
RE: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0lakshmi.narasimharao25 Aug
  • RE: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0Karam Chand25 Aug