List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SGreen Date:August 17 2004 1:18pm
Subject:Re: Database Stats
View as plain text
I can't tell you how to combine these results into one long list but you
can use MS query to link an Excel worksheet (through an ODBC or OLEDB
driver) to a database. After you set up all of your links (each link is
database-specific and requires a query from you), all you would have to do
is to refresh your datasets and it would re-run the queries and update
your spreadsheet (all 25 of them). Then, you can copy the values (not the
formulas) from one book to another for a static record. If you copied the
formulas too, you may get the data links which could cause problems in the
future (I am not sure, though , it has been a while. Maybe Excel handles
that better now).

It may not be able to give you the data all in one long set but at least
it automates the process of getting it into Excel.... I would give you
more details but it has been several years since I last set up a workbook
like this and I am afraid that I would be less than useful.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine