List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:August 17 2004 10:45am
Subject:Re: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0
View as plain text
Re: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0Hi Narasimha,

Please reply to the MySQL list instead of me personally only.

> How we can write the equivalent code for triggers of
>oracle in Mysql?. Shall we do it by using User Defined
>Functions?. Can we use database queries inside the user
>defined functions?. Please advise.

As far as I can see, User Defined Functions have nothing
to do with it.

If you need Stored Procedures, Triggers and working
constraints, MySQL is not the right database engine for
you. Plain and simple.

The equivalent of triggers in application code highly
depends on the type of trigger.

For example, if you trigger does a couple of additional
INSERTs, you need to copy this code to your application.

It ain't easy. And when it comes to constraints, it's
downright "hairy". I wouldn't trust my data to a database
without constraints.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0lakshmi.narasimharao17 Aug
  • Re: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0Martijn Tonies17 Aug
RE: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0lakshmi.narasimharao17 Aug
  • Re: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0Martijn Tonies17 Aug
Re: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0Martijn Tonies17 Aug
  • Re: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0Michael Stassen17 Aug
Re: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0Martijn Tonies17 Aug
RE: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0lakshmi.narasimharao25 Aug
  • RE: Migration tools/plan from oracle 7.3 to Mysql 4.0Karam Chand25 Aug