List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eve Atley Date:August 17 2004 12:18am
Subject:Full text for keyword(s) search?
View as plain text
If I want to search for a word (or multiple words) in a field on one table,
searching through at least a thousand records (and growing daily), should I
be using full text or something else to make this search faster? I'm using
MySQL 3.23.58.

Thanks,
Eve

Thread
GUI for MySQLKirti S. Bajwa12 Aug
  • AW: GUI for MySQLFreddie Sorensen12 Aug
  • Re: GUI for MySQLKaram Chand13 Aug
  • Re: GUI for MySQLMartijn Tonies13 Aug
    • Full text for keyword(s) search?Eve Atley17 Aug
RE: GUI for MySQLGuillermo Chinchilla Zúñiga12 Aug
RE: Full text for keyword(s) search?Victor Pendleton17 Aug
  • Assistance with SQL syntax: pulling duplicates backEve Atley17 Aug
    • Re: Assistance with SQL syntax: pulling duplicates backMichael Stassen17 Aug
      • Re: Assistance with SQL syntax: pulling duplicates backMichael Stassen17 Aug
    • Re: Assistance with SQL syntax: pulling duplicates backSGreen17 Aug
RE: Assistance with SQL syntax: pulling duplicates backVictor Pendleton17 Aug
Re: Assistance with SQL syntax: pulling duplicates backMichael Stassen17 Aug