List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:October 27 1999 3:32pm
Subject:Re: Oracle<->mySQL
View as plain text
In the last episode (Oct 27), Mark Papadakis said:
> Hi!
>
> I was wondering if anyone can help.
> We got a system ( cluster ) of SUNs running Oracle for realtime
> stocks data and I need to get the data from Oracle ( from the Suns )
> to a mysql table every 5 minutes.
>
> Any way to do it?

I hate to say this, but Perl with the Oracle and mysql DBD packages is
probably your best bet here.

If you are going to be importing a lot of records, you could also do a
combo of:

 sqlplus "select field1 || ',' || field2 || ',' field3 from table" > file.txt
   +
 mysql LOAD DATA INFILE 'file.txt' FIELDS SEPARATED by ','

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped