List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:sean c peters Date:August 10 2004 9:18pm
Subject:Re: make test grant_cache test failing
View as plain text
UPDATE:
I modified the grant_cache.result file to the expected output and got past the
test. It looked like the incorrect query was being issued, or in any case
that make test was doing something different than what the grant_Cache.result
file expected

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 15:59, sean c peters wrote:
> Hi all,
> still building 4.1.3
> I am now getting an error in make test like this:
>
> ERROR: ... At line 136: Result length mismatch
> (the last lines may be the most important ones)
> Below are the diffs between actual and expected results:
> *** r/grant_cache.result        Mon Jun 28 01:26:46 2004
> --- r/grant_cache.reject        Tue Aug 10 23:44:49 2004
> ***************
> *** 112,119 ****
>   Variable_name Value
>   Qcache_not_cached     1
>   show grants for current_user();
> ! Grants for @localhost
> ! GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO ''@'localhost'
>   select "user2";
>   user2
>   user2
> --- 112,119 ----
>   Variable_name Value
>   Qcache_not_cached     1
>   show grants for current_user();
> ! Grants for root@localhost
> ! GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION
>   select "user2";
>   user2
>   user2
> Please follow the instructions outlined at
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Reporting_mysqltest_bugs.html
> to find the reason to this problem and how to report this.
>
> Aborting: grant_cache failed. To continue, re-run with '--force'.
>
> Ending Tests
> Shutting-down MySQL daemon
>
> Master shutdown finished
> Slave shutdown finished
> make: *** [test] Error 1
>
> When i run:
> > diff grant_cache.result grant_cache.reject
>
> here is the output:
> 115,116c115,116
> < Grants for @localhost
> < GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO ''@'localhost'
> ---
>
> > Grants for root@localhost
> > GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION
>
> This looks somewhat trivial, but i cant get beyond it to finish the test.
> make does not understand the --force directive, so the advice in the error
> wont work.
>
> thanks much,
> sean peters
> speters@stripped

Thread
make test grant_cache test failingsean c peters10 Aug
  • Re: make test grant_cache test failingMichael Dykman10 Aug
  • Re: make test grant_cache test failingsean c peters10 Aug