List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:August 9 2004 10:45am
Subject:Re: infos over the internal meta-data for mysql-databases
View as plain text
Hi Michael,

> i write a application in java that creates database-diagrams like
> ms-visio can do this! until now i only support ms sqlserver and oracle
> for importing data from the database and displaying a database-diagram!
> now i want to add mySQL support into my application! for this reason i
> need to know where the internal meta-data for the databases in mySQL has
> been saved! is there a special database which administate the
> mySQL-databases? please help me!
> thank you!

There's the "mysql" system database, but it doesn't store metadata.

You should use SHOW TABLES and the like to get info about
metadata. Check the MySQL documentation on SHOW.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
infos over the internal meta-data for mysql-databasesMichael Seele9 Aug
  • Re: infos over the internal meta-data for mysql-databasesMartijn Tonies9 Aug
  • Re: infos over the internal meta-data for mysql-databasesMark Matthews9 Aug
  • Re: infos over the internal meta-data for mysql-databasesEgor Egorov9 Aug