List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rhino Date:August 7 2004 11:42pm
Subject:Re: Why do exists & In fail?
View as plain text
What version of MySQL are you using?

Rhino

----- Original Message -----
From: "john sayre" <jpsayre@stripped>
To: <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 6:35 PM
Subject: Why do exists & In fail?

> I'm trying to do some simple in or exists queries, but am getting syntax
error on queries that appear to be correct.  If I run the outside & sub
queries alone, not problem.  In the In subquery, if I hardcode a value, ok
but this fails:

> SELECT * FROM erestbase WHERE erestbase.id in(SELECT distinct idcid.id
FROM idcid)

> This is stupid. Nothig would be wrong here in sqlServer etc.  Both ids are
integer values.

Thread
Why do exists & In fail?john sayre8 Aug
  • Re: Why do exists & In fail?Paul DuBois8 Aug
  • Re: Why do exists & In fail?Rhino8 Aug