List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Terry Riley Date:August 7 2004 10:16pm
Subject:Query Cache
View as plain text
We have the query cache turned on, and it appears to be working well.

However, there appears to be no indication in the manual as to the time
that a cached query remains in memory. In the absence of this information,
is it safe to assume that a cached query remains there indefinitely,
unless either (1) one of the tables used in the initial query is modified,
or (2) the server is re-started?

We are using ColdFusion MX, which has its own query cache (which is very
useful for whats called Query-of-query selects), but there the residence
time is configurable, and the timer is restarted if the cached query is
called before the timeout.

Regards
Terry Riley

Thread