List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ilya Obshadko Date:April 12 1999 2:22pm
Subject:Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and
without threads).
View as plain text
On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, terry jones wrote:

>  1) Update to redhat 5.2

I'm running freebsd. Hope that doesn't matter :-)

>  2) Configure using --enable-thread-safe-client

It's clear ehough.

>  3) Let mysql_init allocate the MYSQL structs

But which file should I patch with this code?

>     MYSQL *mysql = (MYSQL *) malloc(sizeof(MYSQL));
>     if (!mysql)
>         /* error */
>     mysql_init(mysql);
>

>     MYSQL *mysql = mysql_init((MYSQL *) 0);
>
> with this
>
>     if (!mysql)
>         /* error */

Yours sincerely

#-- Ilya Obshadko [IDO-RIPN] -------------------------------#
#-- email: ilya@stripped, ilya24@stripped -----------------#
#-- ICQ UIN: 10704338 --------------------------------------#

Thread
Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).terry jones12 Apr
  • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).Ed Carp12 Apr
  • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).terry jones12 Apr
  • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).Ed Carp12 Apr
  • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).Ed Carp12 Apr
  • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with andwithout threads).Aldrian Gintingsuka12 Apr
  • Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).Michael Widenius12 Apr
  • Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).terry jones12 Apr
    • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with andwithout threads).Ilya Obshadko12 Apr
    • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with andwithout threads).terry jones12 Apr
      • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with andwithout threads).Ilya Obshadko12 Apr
      • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with andwithout threads).terry jones13 Apr
  • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).Ed Carp13 Apr
  • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).terry jones14 Apr