List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:DebugasRu Date:August 6 2004 1:26pm
Subject:standard processing of metadata
View as plain text
>> as far as i know, there is only 1 way to extract the foreign key relations
>> from a table: "show create table <tablename>".
>> Are there any others?

MT> The "comments" column  in SHOW TABLE STATUS is supposed
MT> to list the FKs as well.

since SQL89 standard lot of things got standartized but still there
are more things to unify. One of them is metadata (system tables that
a given DBMS uses) processing. I want to ask if there is going to be any standard on
that ? Namely any unified way (for different DBMSs) to extract and
modify metadata about the user database - primary keys, foreign keys, info on
cascade updates/deletes settings, default values, ranges of allowed values and so on.

Thread
Where are the Foreign Keys?Ralf Müller6 Aug
  • Re: Where are the Foreign Keys?Martijn Tonies6 Aug
    • standard processing of metadataDebugasRu6 Aug
      • Re: standard processing of metadataJochem van Dieten6 Aug
RE: Where are the Foreign Keys?Naresh Sadhnani6 Aug
  • Re: Where are the Foreign Keys?Martijn Tonies6 Aug