List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SGreen Date:August 6 2004 1:14pm
Subject:Re: Table query and column overlap
View as plain text
You need to change the buffer size of your, for lack of a better term,
"DOS prompt window".

RIGHT-click on the title bar of your window and click on properties.
On the properties page for my platform (win2k) I have a Layout tab. On
that tab are two "size" settings, Screen Buffer Size and Window Size. You
need to change your Screen Buffer Size to be something with a width
greater than the output of most of the queries you run. In my case I run
1024 (width) x 2048 (height) which allocates a "whopping" 2MB buffer
(oh--my goodness!!! not two whole megabytes!! 8-D )  You get 1024
horizontal columns so you won't see that wrapping nearly as often. You
also get 2048 lines of output buffer as well. I can run most queries and
not need to worry about them scrolling out of the top of my buffer.

Of course, you can always change those numbers to fit _your_
circumstances.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

> rows in set (0.00 sec)

Thread
Table query and column overlapRemember14a6 Aug
  • Re: Table query and column overlapSGreen6 Aug
    • RE: Table query and column overlapLachlan Mulcahy6 Aug
      • RE: Table query and column overlapArnaud6 Aug