List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:October 26 1999 9:13pm
Subject:Re: Limiting mysql threads
View as plain text
In the last episode (Oct 26), Ren Haddock said:
> Is there a variable I can set in order to limit my mysql threads? I
> have a very low memory system, and my queries (through
> httpd/mod_perl) are going slow as hell because its thrashing. I have
> 11 mysql threads running, and probably don't need more than 3 or so.

If you have 11 threads, it's becuase you have 11 clients.  Check the
mysql manual for parameters you can lower to reduce your per-thread
memory usage:

    If you have little memory and lots of connections, use something
    like this:

     hell> safe_mysqld -O key_buffer=512k -O sort_buffer=100k \
                -O record_buffer=100k &

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
        • Re: Limiting mysql threadsGraham Ashton4 Nov
          • Re: Limiting mysql threadssinisa4 Nov
            • Re: Limiting mysql threadsGraham Ashton4 Nov
              • Re: Limiting mysql threadsRobert A. Crawford4 Nov
                • Re: Limiting mysql threadsMichael Widenius15 Nov