List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:tisniewaarhe Date:April 12 1999 1:05pm
Subject:Group by order by can't use expresions so how do I
View as plain text
Hi guru's,

I'm trying to create a call logging system and want to find contacts in
a kind of fuzzy way.

I created a database with client names, their phone numbers and company
names.

I created a script that searches the corresponding database fields for
something "like" the contents of those fields.

the user can type something like

name            :  johnson
firstname       : pete
phone           : 67890
company       : FastLane

the search does:

select * form contacts where FirstName like $fname or Name like $name or
Phone like $phone or Company like $comp

Now I want get the ones where I have the most "hits" in the multiple
"or" on top.

Do I search in the directions of aliases to do this? Do I need to make a
temporary table?

If anyone has got a sample of a comparable search......

Regards

Michel

Thread
Group by order by can't use expresions so how do Itisniewaarhe12 Apr
  • Re: Group by order by can't use expresions so how do IRich Gibson13 Apr
Re: Group by order by can't use expresions so how do Itisniewaarhe14 Apr