List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Egor Egorov Date:July 27 2004 2:27pm
Subject:Re: transferring MySQL db from RedHat to Debian
View as plain text
"Shannon R." <shannon_mtbikes@stripped> wrote:

> i'll be moving from a RedHat server to a Debian server very soon. despite the
> different linux distributions, is it ok to transfer my entire mysql database by just
> copying everything in /var/lib/mysql of the RedHat system to the Debian system? has anyone
> tried this before?

Sure. Don't forget to shut down the server before taking a snapshot of the data directory.
Do the same
on target server.

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Egor Egorov
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   Egor.Egorov@stripped
       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
transferring MySQL db from RedHat to DebianShannon R.27 Jul
  • Re: transferring MySQL db from RedHat to DebianPaul DuBois27 Jul
  • Re: transferring MySQL db from RedHat to DebianEgor Egorov27 Jul
  • Spamcease ?Alexander Newald27 Jul
    • Re: Spamcease ?Duncan Hill27 Jul
    • Re: Spamcease ?Michael Dykman27 Jul
      • Re: Spamcease ?m i l e s27 Jul