List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Matthews Date:July 26 2004 6:57pm
Subject:Re: why use MySql instead of Firebird or SQL Server express?
View as plain text

justin@stripped wrote:

|>FirebirdSQL is an excellent project, but as far as I know there is not a
|>single organization that stands behind it providing support, training,
|>etc. as MySQL AB does with the MySQL product line.
|

| Might want to take a look at http://www.ibphoenix.com/
|
| Training is pretty pricey, but it's there.
|
| Cheers,
|
| Justin

Justin,

Let me rephrase that as I didn't mean 'there isn't anyone out there
doing support/training for FirebirdSQL'...What I meant is that there is
_one_ place with MySQL you can go for training, support, licensing,
partnerships, and that is MySQL AB. With other open source projects,
such as FirebirdSQL, you _could_ be on your own to find the
all-inclusive set of services that an OEM, ISV or database consumer that
a _single_ source will get you with MySQL.

	-Mark

- --
MySQL General Mailing List
To unsubscribe:
http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1

| -------------------------------------------------
| This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/

- --
Mr. Mark Matthews
MySQL AB, Software Development Manager, J2EE and Windows Platforms
Office: +1 708 332 0507
www.mysql.com

MySQL Guide to Lower TCO
http://www.mysql.com/it-resources/white-papers/tco.php
Thread
why use MySql instead of Firebird or SQL Server express?Steve Richter26 Jul
  • Re: why use MySql instead of Firebird or SQL Server express?Ruben26 Jul
  • Re: why use MySql instead of Firebird or SQL Server express?Mark Matthews26 Jul
    • Re: why use MySql instead of Firebird or SQL Server express?justin26 Jul
      • Re: why use MySql instead of Firebird or SQL Server express?Mark Matthews26 Jul
  • Re: why use MySql instead of Firebird or SQL Server express? (long)Martijn Tonies26 Jul
    • Re: why use MySql instead of Firebird or SQL Server express? (long)Mark Matthews26 Jul
  • Re: why use MySql instead of Firebird or SQL Server express? (long)Martijn Tonies27 Jul