|List:||General Discussion||« Previous MessageNext Message »|
|From:||terry jones||Date:||April 12 1999 5:15am|
|Subject:||Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and|
|View as plain text|
Hi Ilya. Here's a summary. There were 3 suggestions: 1) Update to redhat 5.2 2) Configure using --enable-thread-safe-client 3) Let mysql_init allocate the MYSQL structs With 1 and 2 done, I got no improvement. When I also did 3, everything worked. The patching was to my own code, not to any code in MySQL. Two people reported that my code ran just fine on their machines. The change (number 3 above) suggested by Monty was to replace this MYSQL *mysql = (MYSQL *) malloc(sizeof(MYSQL)); if (!mysql) /* error */ mysql_init(mysql); with this MYSQL *mysql = mysql_init((MYSQL *) 0); if (!mysql) /* error */ This finally made my test program run correctly. If you want a copy of it. mail me and I'll send it to you. Terry.