List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ying Lu Date:July 20 2004 6:34pm
Subject:Question about column name case sensitive
View as plain text
Hello,

I have a question about column name case sensitive. Currently, we use
MySQL 3.23.32 running on Linux.

I am trying to use JDBC to get email from table T1

T1(
     id char(3),
     name varchar(12),
     Email    varchar(16)
)

Now If I say,
    try{

       String email =
getString("email");                                          //here I
got Exception saying "Column name cannot be found"
    }catch(Exception e){

       System.err.println(e);

    }

If I change the exception line to
     getString("Email");

everyting is all right.

In  MySQL documentation, on all OS, there should not have column name
case sensitive problem, right? But how come I changed the column name to
the same format as saved in table T1 it works; otherwise, I got exception?

Thanks a lot!
Emi

Thread
Question about column name case sensitiveYing Lu20 Jul