List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:J S Date:July 14 2004 9:15pm
Subject:Re: do i need an index for this?
View as plain text

>In the last episode (Jul 14), J S said:
> > Thanks for your reply. Can I just check my syntax is right for
> > creating the key?
> >
> > CREATE INDEX urlindex ON internet_usage (time);
> >
> > I ran this before but got an error 27 (eventhough the filesize ulimit
> > was set to unlimited). So just wondered if I was using the wrong
> > syntax?
>
>Getting errno 27 (as opposed to a "table is full" message or a signal
>25/SIGXFSZ) usually means you're running Linux on a filesystem that
>doesn't support large file (ext2 for example), on a kernel too old to
>support large files, or a mysqld not compiled for large file support.
>
>Since your table is currently at least 10GB, I'm not sure why it just
>started complaing now :)  The combination of your existing index plus
>this new one will bump the .MYI file over the 2GB point, but I don't
>think that should be a problem.
>
>--

I am using AIX and the filesystem is large file enabled. I'm using the mysql
max db binary downloaded off the mysql site as well. Do you know if that
would have large file support compiled in? I don't know why it's complaining
about the size because I'm running a backup of the database at the moment
and that's already 20GB on the same filesystem.

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

Thread
do i need an index for this?J S14 Jul
  • Re: do i need an index for this?Dan Nelson14 Jul
  • Re: do i need an index for this?Justin Swanhart14 Jul
Re: do i need an index for this?J S14 Jul
  • Re: do i need an index for this?Dan Nelson14 Jul
  • Re: do i need an index for this?John Larsen14 Jul