List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:July 14 2004 6:57pm
Subject:Re: do i need an index for this?
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jul 14), J S said:
> Thanks for your reply. Can I just check my syntax is right for
> creating the key?
>
> CREATE INDEX urlindex ON internet_usage (time);
>
> I ran this before but got an error 27 (eventhough the filesize ulimit
> was set to unlimited). So just wondered if I was using the wrong
> syntax?

Getting errno 27 (as opposed to a "table is full" message or a signal
25/SIGXFSZ) usually means you're running Linux on a filesystem that
doesn't support large file (ext2 for example), on a kernel too old to
support large files, or a mysqld not compiled for large file support.

Since your table is currently at least 10GB, I'm not sure why it just
started complaing now :)  The combination of your existing index plus
this new one will bump the .MYI file over the 2GB point, but I don't
think that should be a problem.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped