List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:July 9 2004 3:48pm
Subject:Re: anyone help with this query? Returning tooooo many results
View as plain text
Hi Aaron,

> Having a problem with a query that's returning 486,057 results when it
> most definitely should NOT be doing that.
>
> I have two tables:
>
> 1 for a list of customers that purchase product A, another for customers
> who purchased product B.
>
> Columns are:
>
> Id
> First
> Last
> Email
>
> I am trying to compare table 1 to table 2 to get a result set that gives
> me the contact info (table columns) for those whose email addresses in
> table 1 DON'T EQUAL those in table two.
>
> In table one I have 2026 records
> In table two I have 240 records
>
> The query is this:
>
> SELECT * FROM producta_customers AS t1, productb_customers AS t2 WHERE
> t1.email != t2.email
>
> When I do this query. I get 486,057 results returne.
>
> Where am I going wrong? Any ideas?

What do you want to do?

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
anyone help with this query? Returning tooooo many resultsAaron Wolski9 Jul
  • Re: anyone help with this query? Returning tooooo many resultsMartijn Tonies9 Jul
  • Re: anyone help with this query? Returning tooooo many resultsAlec.Cawley9 Jul
  • Re: anyone help with this query? Returning tooooo many resultsPhilippe Poelvoorde9 Jul
RE: anyone help with this query? Returning tooooo many resultsVictor Pendleton9 Jul
Re: anyone help with this query? Returning tooooo many resultsSGreen9 Jul
  • RE: anyone help with this query? Returning tooooo many resultsAaron Wolski9 Jul