List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Aaron Wolski Date:July 9 2004 3:33pm
Subject:anyone help with this query? Returning tooooo many results
View as plain text
Hi all,

Having a problem with a query that's returning 486,057 results when it
most definitely should NOT be doing that.

I have two tables:

1 for a list of customers that purchase product A, another for customers
who purchased product B.

Columns are:

Id
First
Last
Email

I am trying to compare table 1 to table 2 to get a result set that gives
me the contact info (table columns) for those whose email addresses in
table 1 DON'T EQUAL those in table two.

In table one I have 2026 records
In table two I have 240 records

The query is this:

SELECT * FROM producta_customers AS t1, productb_customers AS t2 WHERE
t1.email != t2.email

When I do this query. I get 486,057 results returne.

Where am I going wrong? Any ideas?

Thanks so much for the help!

Aaron

Thread
anyone help with this query? Returning tooooo many resultsAaron Wolski9 Jul
  • Re: anyone help with this query? Returning tooooo many resultsMartijn Tonies9 Jul
  • Re: anyone help with this query? Returning tooooo many resultsAlec.Cawley9 Jul
  • Re: anyone help with this query? Returning tooooo many resultsPhilippe Poelvoorde9 Jul
RE: anyone help with this query? Returning tooooo many resultsVictor Pendleton9 Jul
Re: anyone help with this query? Returning tooooo many resultsSGreen9 Jul
  • RE: anyone help with this query? Returning tooooo many resultsAaron Wolski9 Jul