List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:gerald_clark Date:July 9 2004 1:09pm
Subject:Re: Space is filling up
View as plain text

Asif Iqbal wrote:

>Jack Coxen wrote:
>

>>If you database contains time-based data you could age out old records.  I
>>only need to keep data for 6 months so I run a nightly script to delete any
>>records more than 6 months old.  And before anyone asks...yes, I also run
>>another script to ANALYZE/OPTIMIZE my tables.
>>

>My databases (mysql,rt3,test) are taking only about 2k.

No. The ibdata* files ARE your database.
You need more disk space, and you need it now.

> I am worry about
>the ib*log and ibdata* files. Mostly the ibdata files which are taking 5
>gig. I am not sure if I can clean those up or rotate or something else
>to reclaim the disk space.
>
>(root)@webrt:/usr/local/mysql/data# /usr/local/bin/ls -lh
>total 5.2G
>-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql         25K Jul  4  2003
>ib_arch_log_0000000000
>-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        2.5K Aug 27  2003
>ib_arch_log_0000000002
>-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        2.5K Aug 28  2003
>ib_arch_log_0000000004
>-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        100M Jul  8 20:38 ib_logfile0
>-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        100M Jun 29 20:23 ib_logfile1
>-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        1.9G Jul  8 20:37 ibdata1
>-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        3.1G Jul  8 20:33 ibdata2
>-rw-r--r--    1 mysql    mysql        1.6K Sep 15  2003 my.cnf
>drwxr-x---    2 mysql    mysql         512 Jul  4  2003 mysql
>drwx------    2 mysql    mysql         512 Jul 30  2003 newdb
>drwx------    2 mysql    mysql        1.5K Jun 30 23:10 rt3
>drwxr-x---    2 mysql    mysql         512 Jul 28  2003 test
>-rw-rw----    1 mysql    other         67K Nov 21  2003 webrt.err
>-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql           3 Nov 21  2003 webrt.pid

Thread
Space is filling upAsif Iqbal7 Jul
  • Re: Space is filling upgerald_clark7 Jul
    • Re: Space is filling upAsif Iqbal7 Jul
      • Re: Space is filling upJustin Swanhart7 Jul
RE: Space is filling upJack Coxen7 Jul
  • Re: Space is filling upgerald_clark7 Jul
  • Re: Space is filling upAsif Iqbal9 Jul
  • Re: Space is filling upgerald_clark9 Jul
  • Re: Space is filling upHarald Fuchs9 Jul
  • Re: Space is filling upgerald_clark12 Jul
RE: Space is filling upJack Coxen8 Jul