List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Justin Swanhart Date:July 7 2004 6:10pm
Subject:RE: How to query an oracle table from a mysql database
View as plain text
No, that isn't possible using mySQL.

Try linking PHP with older client libraries (9.0.1,
8.1.5, etc) instead of the newer 9.2 libraries and see
if that fixes your problem with PHP.  You can download
them from otn.oracle.com

swany

--- "Alonso, Claudio Fabian"
<F_Alonso@stripped> wrote:
> Hello Steve, hello Victor,
> Thanks for your answers.
> My PHP application needs to see this Oracle table,
> but as far as I could see
> PHP has problems with Oracle 9.2.0. I got a
> conection problem and found in
> the PHP's bug database that it isn't currently
> working.
> As I'm familiar with PHP/MySQL, I'm trying to "see"
> the Oracle table through
> MySQL.
> That's why I'm thinking on a way to create in MySQL
> a view (or something
> similar) that refers to an external database table
> (in this case, Oracle).
> I don't know if this kind of solution is possible,
> using only MySQL to see a
> remote Oracle table, not including any programming
> language.
>
> --Claudio
> ..

http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1

Thread
How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseUnknown Sender7 Jul
RE: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseVictor Pendleton7 Jul
  • Re: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseSteve Davies7 Jul
Re: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseMartin Gainty7 Jul
RE: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseUnknown Sender7 Jul
  • RE: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseJustin Swanhart7 Jul
  • "high priority" messages (Re: How to query an oracle table from a mysql database)Martijn Tonies7 Jul
RE: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databasePaul DuBois7 Jul