List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From: Date:January 1 1970 12:00am
Subject:RE: How to query an oracle table from a mysql database
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:18:43 -0300
View as plain text
Hello Steve, hello Victor,
Thanks for your answers.
My PHP application needs to see this Oracle table, but as far as I could see
PHP has problems with Oracle 9.2.0. I got a conection problem and found in
the PHP's bug database that it isn't currently working.
As I'm familiar with PHP/MySQL, I'm trying to "see" the Oracle table through
MySQL.
That's why I'm thinking on a way to create in MySQL a view (or something
similar) that refers to an external database table (in this case, Oracle).
I don't know if this kind of solution is possible, using only MySQL to see a
remote Oracle table, not including any programming language.

--Claudio
..
Thread
How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseUnknown Sender7 Jul
RE: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseVictor Pendleton7 Jul
  • Re: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseSteve Davies7 Jul
Re: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseMartin Gainty7 Jul
RE: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseUnknown Sender7 Jul
  • RE: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseJustin Swanhart7 Jul
  • "high priority" messages (Re: How to query an oracle table from a mysql database)Martijn Tonies7 Jul
RE: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databasePaul DuBois7 Jul