List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Gainty Date:July 7 2004 4:19pm
Subject:Re: How to query an oracle table from a mysql database
View as plain text
Steve et al:

If you want to do it right select a programming language such as Java or C++
There are enough good OOA/OOD folks out there that you will be able to pick
a good Java or C++
Engineer for the same price as PHP
Otherwise you will be adding on Disk Storage when your single threaded app
starts exhausting memory (including virtual disk drive space in particular)
and computer resources in general

Keep me apprised,

Martin Gainty

(cell) 617-852-7822
(e) webmaster@stripped
(http)www.laconiadatasystems.com

>From: Steve Davies <steve@stripped>
>To: "'Alonso, Claudio Fabian '" <F_Alonso@stripped>
>CC: "''mysql@stripped' '" <mysql@stripped>
>Subject: Re: How to query an oracle table from a mysql database
>Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:02:59 +0100
>
>Try PHP, it has built in functions to access both DBs
>
>HTH
>
>Steve
>

>Victor Pendleton wrote:
>
>>You may want to look into using a programming language such as C or Java
>>that communicates between both databases.

Check out the latest news, polls and tools in the MSN 2004 Election Guide!
http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx

Thread
How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseUnknown Sender7 Jul
RE: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseVictor Pendleton7 Jul
  • Re: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseSteve Davies7 Jul
Re: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseMartin Gainty7 Jul
RE: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseUnknown Sender7 Jul
  • RE: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databaseJustin Swanhart7 Jul
  • "high priority" messages (Re: How to query an oracle table from a mysql database)Martijn Tonies7 Jul
RE: How to query an oracle table from a mysql databasePaul DuBois7 Jul