List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Hicks Date:July 5 2004 12:34am
Subject:Re: mySQL LIMIT and ORDER BY Problem???
View as plain text
On Sunday 04 July 2004 02:52 am, Gary Mack wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I recently learned about LIMIT so that I can page
> through records on a web page  I am creating.
> However, when coupled with ORDER BY, the sorting
> does not work anymore.  Can someone look at my below
> query and point out what I am doing wrong?  Thanks.
> This is my first time posting to this list, so I
> hope I have the right place.  I want to sort by the
> client's last name and then by the staff person's
> last name.
>
>  $qClients  = "SELECT * FROM clients, staff WHERE
> clients.AssignedTo = staff.StaffID ORDER BY
> clients.LastName, staff.StaffLastName ASC LIMIT " .
> $limitStart . "," . $recordsPerPage;
>

> Gary

Looks good to me.

Can you be more specific about what the problem is?

--John
Thread
mySQL LIMIT and ORDER BY Problem???Gary Mack4 Jul
  • Re: mySQL LIMIT and ORDER BY Problem???John Hicks5 Jul
    • basic question about joins....bruce5 Jul
      • Re: basic question about joins....Wesley Furgiuele5 Jul
      • Re: basic question about joins....John Hicks5 Jul
        • another left join question - multiple "left join" statementsbruce5 Jul
          • Re: another left join question - multiple "left join" statementsJohn Hicks5 Jul
          • Re: another left join question - multiple "left join" statementsEric Bergen5 Jul