List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Mack Date:July 4 2004 6:52am
Subject:mySQL LIMIT and ORDER BY Problem???
View as plain text
Hi there,

I recently learned about LIMIT so that I can page through records on a web page  I am creating.  However, when coupled with ORDER BY, the sorting does not work anymore.  Can someone look at my
below query and point out what I am doing wrong?  Thanks.  This is my first time posting to this list, so I hope I have the right place.  I want to sort by the client's last name and then by the staff person's last name.

 $qClients  = "SELECT * FROM clients, staff WHERE  clients.AssignedTo = staff.StaffID ORDER BY clients.LastName, staff.StaffLastName ASC LIMIT " . $limitStart . "," . $recordsPerPage;

Gary

Thread
mySQL LIMIT and ORDER BY Problem???Gary Mack4 Jul
  • Re: mySQL LIMIT and ORDER BY Problem???John Hicks5 Jul
    • basic question about joins....bruce5 Jul
      • Re: basic question about joins....Wesley Furgiuele5 Jul
      • Re: basic question about joins....John Hicks5 Jul
        • another left join question - multiple "left join" statementsbruce5 Jul
          • Re: another left join question - multiple "left join" statementsJohn Hicks5 Jul
          • Re: another left join question - multiple "left join" statementsEric Bergen5 Jul