List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:July 3 2004 2:13am
Subject:Re: 16-Page Database Table Limit?
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jul 02), David Blomstrom said:
> Rhino <rhino1@stripped> wrote:
> > 2. What happens when you do 'select count(*)' on your new table?
>
> I'm not familiar with that command. If I type select count (*) into
> the "query" box on phpMyAdmin, it says count(*) = 0 Or is this a type
> of table query I do on my webpage?

First thing to try is a direct connection to mysql via the commandline
client.  Don't use phpmyadmin to troubleshoot problems, unless you're
trying to debug phpmyadmin itself.

> I didn't realize there was a problem until today. At first, I was
> struck by the fact that MySQL can somehow squeeze 3,000 rows into 16
> pages!

Are you talking about 16 disk pages?  That's reasonable, if your
records average 40 bytes in length and you have 8k disk blocks.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped