List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chip Bell Date:June 30 2004 11:44am
Subject:RE: Server tuning
View as plain text
Victor,

Thanks for all your help with the authentication issue.  I still have it, but at least I
know what to look for.

My server is running RH9 with 3 gigs ram, PIII.  I have about 150 users at any given time
and they're all coming via IMAP or HTTPD.  They all authenticate against MySQL but the
mail is not stored there, it's in virtual domain files.

My /etc/my.cnf

Set-variabe = max_connections=1000
		  Key_buffer_size=512M
		  Sort_buffer=20M
		  Join_buffer=1M
	        Record_buffer=1M
              Max_allowed_packet=2M
		  Table_cache=1024
		  Innodb_buffer_pool_size=256M

Are these variables ok?  Reading my MySql manual, these were the best I could come up
with.

Thanks!