I'm looking for a way to eliminate the construction, transmission, and
parsing of the long multi-row INSERT queries that we are issuing from our
client app. Since we are inserting 200k rows a shot, we're looking for
every boost that we can find.
* Connecting: (3) [want to use a connection pool]
* Sending query to server: (2) [want to eliminate]
* Parsing query: (2) [want to eliminate]
* Inserting record: (1 x size of record) [no way around this]
* Inserting indexes: (1 x number of indexes) [no way around this]
* Closing: (1) [want to use a connection pool]
Since we have already tuned the server, I'm looking for other ideas.
Radical ideas are welcome!
At 07:34 PM 6/29/04, you wrote: