List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alejandro Heyworth Date:June 30 2004 12:46am
Subject:Re: Memory to Memory INSERTS
View as plain text
Eric,

I'm looking for a way to eliminate the construction, transmission, and
parsing of the long multi-row INSERT queries that we are issuing from our
client app.  Since we are inserting 200k rows a shot, we're looking for
every boost that we can find.
    * Connecting: (3) [want to use a connection pool]
    * Sending query to server: (2) [want to eliminate]
    * Parsing query: (2) [want to eliminate]
    * Inserting record: (1 x size of record) [no way around this]
    * Inserting indexes: (1 x number of indexes) [no way around this]
    * Closing: (1) [want to use a connection pool]
Since we have already tuned the server, I'm looking for other ideas.

Radical ideas are welcome!

At 07:34 PM 6/29/04, you wrote:
>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Insert_speed.html

Thread
Memory to Memory INSERTSAlejandro Heyworth25 Jun
Re: Memory to Memory INSERTSAlejandro Heyworth29 Jun
Re: Memory to Memory INSERTSSGreen29 Jun
  • Re: Memory to Memory INSERTSEric Bergen30 Jun
    • Re: Memory to Memory INSERTSAlejandro Heyworth30 Jun
      • Re: Memory to Memory INSERTSJeremy Zawodny30 Jun