List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SGreen Date:June 29 2004 1:43pm
Subject:Re: Memory to Memory INSERTS
View as plain text
I am proposing this as a hypothetical situation and I would like the full
feedback of the group:

Could Alejandro re-use the sections of the MySQL source code that handle
replication and bin-logging to make his data capture application appear as
a "Master" server and have his MySQL database act as its slave?

Would that be faster than periodic batch files with LOAD DATA INFILE?

Respectfully,
Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

                      Alejandro Heyworth

                      <heyworth@digitaldis        To:       mysql@stripped

                      ciples.com>                 cc:

                                                  Fax to:

                      06/25/2004 03:48 PM         Subject:  Memory to Memory INSERTS

Hi!

I'm looking for a better way to insert large numbers of rows from a client
application that is sampling physical data in real-time.  In our case, we
are using a C "double hipvalues[1000000]" cyclical array to buffer our
sampled values.

We're currently creating large query strings similar to:

INSERT DELAYED INTO hipjoint VALUES
(hipvalues[0]),(hipvalues[1]),(hipvalues[2]),(hipvalues[3]),etc...

We would like to continue to insert our values directly from our client app

without first having to dump the data to a temp file and LOAD DATA
INFILEing it periodically.

Any ideas?

Config values of interest:
key_buffer_size = 4G