List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alejandro Heyworth Date:June 29 2004 2:17pm
Subject:Re: Memory to Memory INSERTS
View as plain text
Shawn,

Very Interesting idea.  I definitely want to look into this a bit more.

I fear though that the bin-logs might be written first to disk before they
are copied over to the replicas.

Another member of my team mentioned there might be a way to issue direct
MyISAM table INSERTS.  She suggested that we could bypass the parsing and
param checking of our large string-based INSERT queries.

Since our sampling application can guarantee the inputs on the INSERT, this
would offer us a potential performance boost as there is no reason for
MySQL to verify our INSERT query inputs a second time.

Does anyone know if the direct table/index insert idea is valid?

At 09:43 AM 6/29/04, you wrote:
>Could Alejandro re-use the sections of the MySQL source code that handle
>replication and bin-logging to make his data capture application appear as
>a "Master" server and have his MySQL database act as its slave?

Thread
Memory to Memory INSERTSAlejandro Heyworth25 Jun
Re: Memory to Memory INSERTSAlejandro Heyworth29 Jun
Re: Memory to Memory INSERTSSGreen29 Jun
  • Re: Memory to Memory INSERTSEric Bergen30 Jun
    • Re: Memory to Memory INSERTSAlejandro Heyworth30 Jun
      • Re: Memory to Memory INSERTSJeremy Zawodny30 Jun