List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Date:June 28 2004 9:29pm
Subject:mysql client connectivity and "orphaned" connections
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me exactly what happens when one
is using the mysql client on a remote server and the connection to that
server (in this case over ssh) gets dropped.

In this case, I was in the midst of a long OPTIMIZE TABLE.  Stepped out
to get some coffee and the ssh connection timed out.  When I log back in
again, and log in to mySQL using the client, I can see that the first
mysql session is still in effect, and "show processlist" shows that the
state of the orphaned user is "Repair with keycache".  But, this is
taking too long (over 45 minutes) I think.
+-----+------+-----------+--------+---------+------+----------------------+---------------------+
| Id  | User | Host      | db     | Command | Time | State
   | Info                |
+-----+------+-----------+--------+---------+------+----------------------+---------------------+
|  30 | root | localhost | master | Query   | 2963 | Repair with
keycache | OPTIMIZE TABLE post |
| 435 | root | localhost | NULL   | Query   | 0    | NULL
   | show processlist    |
+-----+------+-----------+--------+---------+------+----------------------+---------------------+

Is it possible that the first process stops doing anything when the ssh
connection is dropped?  Is there any way, other than "show processlist"
to tell whether something is actually going on?  Whether there is actual
progress?

Thanks!

Jim
Thread
mysql client connectivity and "orphaned" connectionsJim28 Jun
  • Re: mysql client connectivity and "orphaned" connectionsEric Bergen28 Jun
    • time on tenth of secoundsMatthias Eireiner29 Jun
      • Re: time on tenth of secoundsEgor Egorov1 Jul
  • Re: mysql client connectivity and "orphaned" connectionsEgor Egorov1 Jul