List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bill Earl Date:June 28 2004 8:51pm
Subject:reading past "bogus data in log event" error in binary log in 4.0.18 ?
View as plain text
Hello everyone,

We're having a problem with replication. The servers are all running 4.0.18 under SuSE
Linux 9.1 Professional.

I noticed that the two slaves were both showing a status of I/O thread not running.  In
the mysqld.log file for both slaves I found the following entry:

040628 12:59:08 Error reading packet from server: bogus data in log event
(server_errno=1236)
040628 12:59:08 Got fatal error 1236: 'bogus data in log event' from master when reading
data from binary log
040628 12:59:08 Slave I/O thread exiting, read up to log 'daredevil1-bin.001', position
427847536

On the master server, when I run mysqlbinlog on the daredevil1-bin.001 log, I get the
following error:
ERROR: Error in Log_event::read_log_event(): 'Event too small', data_len: 0, event_type: 0

I've tried using the -f option with mysqlbinlog, but I can't read past this point in the
log.  However, the master server is running along just fine, writing new info into this
log file just fine.

Is there any way to get the slaves past this bad record, short of manually resyncing
everything again?

Thanks for your help!

Bill Earl
Network Admin
www.bestbill.com

Thread
reading past "bogus data in log event" error in binary log in 4.0.18 ?Bill Earl28 Jun
  • Re: reading past "bogus data in log event" error in binary log in 4.0.18 ?Eric Bergen29 Jun