List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SGreen Date:June 28 2004 1:31pm
Subject:Re: triggers or stored procedures
View as plain text
Carlos,

I think you have a misunderstanding about what a trigger is or does.  A
trigger is, in its most basic form,  an automatically executed stored
procedure.

The ability to detect an event is pointless withouth the ability to do
something once that event occurs. We have to have the one (stored
procedures) in order to get the other (triggers). Be patient, I am sure
triggers are coming soon.

Respecfully,
Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

                      "Carlos J Souza"

                      <carlosjdesouza@i        To:       "mysql"
<mysql@stripped>
                      g.com.br>                cc:

                                               Fax to:

                      06/28/2004 07:11         Subject:  triggers or stored procedures

                      AM

hello all

What is more important? triggers or stored procedures.

I think that triggers they are a lot more important than stored proc.
because stored procs they can be implemented in the front end application.

In the version 5 should be implemented triggers instead of stored
procedures.

regards

Carlos J Souza    ]
from brazil