List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Josh Trutwin Date:June 28 2004 5:46am
Subject:Re: triggers or stored procedures
View as plain text
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 07:11:04 -0300
"Carlos J Souza" <carlosjdesouza@stripped> wrote:

> hello all
>
> What is more important? triggers or stored procedures.
>
> I think that triggers they are a lot more important than stored proc. because stored
> procs they can be implemented in the front end application.
>
> In the version 5 should be implemented triggers instead of stored procedures.

What do you usually "call" with a trigger though?  A stored procedure.

MySQL seems to have done just fine without these for many years.  I say if they can get
these features in there without losing the characteristics that make MySQL so appealing,
great, otherwise forget it.

Josh
Thread
triggers or stored proceduresCarlos J Souza28 Jun
Re: triggers or stored proceduresMartijn Tonies28 Jun
Re: triggers or stored proceduresJosh Trutwin28 Jun
RE: triggers or stored proceduresGilbert Wu28 Jun
Re: triggers or stored proceduresSGreen28 Jun