List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:d2clon@desarrolladores.org Date:June 28 2004 9:43am
Subject:error replicating from mysql3.23.36 to mysql4.0.18
View as plain text
(excuse for my english)

all proccess is ok.. the replication starts.. but, a few minutes later, mysql
shows me this error:
Last_error: Error 'Table 'eshablar_new.contadorZs' doesn't exist' on query
'UPDATE contadorZs set indCont = indCont + 1 where idUser = 2394'. Default
database: 'eshablar_new'

the problem is that the 'contadorZs' table has been created by mysqldump as
'contadorzs' name.. and all querys that reference this table as 'contadorZs'
chrash...

in the mysql3.23.36 the table names are non-case-sensitive .. and in
mysql4.0.18 the names of tables are case-sensitive..

this is getting me into a lot of troubles..

for example:

look at this in a 3.23.36 version:

=============================================0
mysql> create table pepePepe( id int );
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> show tables;
+----------------+
| Tables_in_test |
+----------------+
| pepepepe       |
+----------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
=============================================0

look that the name wich i create the table is with capital 'P'.. but the 'show
tables' show me with non-capital 'p' ..

now .. the same in a mysql 4.0.18:

=============================================0
mysql> create table pepePepe( id int );
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)

mysql> show tables;
+----------------+
| Tables_in_test |
+----------------+
| pepePepe       |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

then.. i dont know.. i dont know if i have a unsolutionable problem.. or
something like that..

i only wanted to comment this.. :D

thanks
d2clon